Filmplace allows hosts to choose among three standardized cancellation policies (Flexible, Moderate, and Strict) that we will enforce to protect both filmmaker and host alike. The Long Term cancellation policy applies to all reservations of 28 days or more. Each listing and reservation on our site will clearly state the cancellation policy. Filmmaker may cancel and review any penalties by viewing their filming plans and then clicking 'Cancel' on the appropriate reservation.
Flexible: Full refund prior to arrival, except service fee
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the filmmaker did not check in.
- The Filmplace service fee is non-refundable.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to Filmplace within 24 hours of check-in.
- Filmplace will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the filmmaker clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page, which they can find in Dashboard > Your Bookings > Cancel.
- Cancellation policies may be superseded by the Filmmaker Refund Policy, safety cancellations, or extenuating circumstances. Please review these exceptions.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
For a full refund, cancellation must be made prior to listing’s local check in time on the day of check in. For example, if check-in is on Friday 10.00am, cancel before Friday 10.00am of that week before check in time.
If the filmmaker cancels after check-in, amount of spent hours will be non-refundable.
If the filmmaker arrives and decides to leave early, the hours not spent are not refunded.