Last updated: 18 April 2022, 3.00pm GMT+8.00
Filmplace exists to help build connections between people and make the world more open and inclusive. In short—to build a world where anyone can belong anywhere. We are a community built on trust. A fundamental part of earning that trust means being clear about how we use your information and protecting your human right to privacy.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Information needed to use the Filmplace Platform.
We collect personal information about you when you use the Filmplace Platform. Without it, we may not be able to provide all services requested. This information includes:
- Contact Information, Account, Profile Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, and profile photo, some of which will depend on the features you use.
- Identity Verification and Payment Information. Such as images of your government-issued ID (as permitted by applicable laws), your ID number or other verification information, and bank account or payment account information. If you are not a Filmplace user, we may receive payment information relating to you, such as when a Filmplace user provides your payment card to complete a booking. If a copy of your ID is provided to us, we may scan, use, and store information contained in your ID to verify your identity.
2.2 Information you choose to give us.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Additional Profile Information. Such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible.
- Address Book Contact Information. Address book contacts you import or enter manually.
- Other Information. Such as when you fill in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team and other Members, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
2.3 Information Automatically Collected by Using the Filmplace Platform and our Payment Services.
When you use the Filmplace Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information. This information may include:
- Geo-location Information. Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device’s GPS depending on your device settings. We may also collect this information when you’re not using the app if you enable this through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Filmplace Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. Such as details about how you’ve used the Filmplace Platform (including if you clicked on links to third-party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Filmplace Platform. We may collect this information even if you haven’t created a Filmplace account or logged in.
- Payment Transaction Information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address, and other related transaction details.
2.4 Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to the Filmplace Platform with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, WeChat), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Background Information. For Members in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may obtain, for example, reports of criminal records, sex offender registrations, and other information about you and/or your background. For Members outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, we may obtain the local version of police, background, or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Enterprise Product Invitations and Account Management. Organizations that use our Enterprise products may submit personal information to facilitate account management and invitations to use enterprise products.
- Referrals and co-travelers. If you are invited to the Filmplace Platform, such as a co-traveler on a trip, the person who invited you can submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as references, demographic data, or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity verification service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Filmplace Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to, health information related to contagious diseases.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Filmplace Platform. Such as to:
- enable you to access the Filmplace Platform and make and receive payments,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- process your request,
- perform analytics, debug and conduct research,
- provide customer service, training,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information, such as your friends or team, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) to share your reservation details and facilitate production planning, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) to facilitate your requests or for any other purpose you authorize,
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the Filmplace Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit, and
- enable your use of our enterprise products.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. Including to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity,
- study and combat discrimination consistent with our Nondiscrimination Policy,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information provided by you,
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks,
- comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of our creators, Hosts, Hosts’ employees, and members of the public,
- resolve disputes with our Members, including sharing information with your co-Host or additional creators about disputes related to your role as a co-Host or additional creator,
- enforce our agreements with third parties,
- comply with law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm, and protect our rights (see section 4.5),
- enforce our Terms and other policies (e.g. Nondiscrimination Policy), and
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Filmplace Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to Filmplace, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes, which analyze your account and activities on the Filmplace platform as well as information in relation to activities on and off the Filmplace platform that can be associated with you, could restrict or suspend access to the Filmplace Platform if such processes detect activity that may pose a safety or other risk to Filmplace, our community, or third parties. If you would like to challenge decisions based on automated processes, please contact us via the Contact Information section below.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. For example to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Filmplace or its third-party partners,
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think might be of interest to you, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
3.4 Provide Payment services. Personal information is used to enable, or authorize third parties to use, Payment Services such as to:
- detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, and security incidents,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations),
- enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies,
- with your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences, and
- provide and improve Payment Services.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
4.1 Sharing With Your Consent or at Your Direction.
Where you provide consent, we share your information as described at the time of consent, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your Filmplace account or participating in promotional activities by Filmplace partners or third parties.
Where permissible under applicable law, we may use certain information about you such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms to generate leads, drive traffic to Filmplace, or otherwise promote our products and services.
4.2 Sharing Between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information such as:
- When a booking request is made, when there is a co-host, or a dispute is submitted, certain information may be shared between creator(s) and Host(s), including profile, name, names of any additional creators, cancellation history, review information, age of creator (unless prohibited by applicable law), dispute outcome (when applicable), and other information you choose to share and submit. When a booking is confirmed, additional information is shared to assist with coordinating the trip, like profile photo and phone number. When you as a Host have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the creator (and any additional creators they invite, if applicable) to coordinate the booking, such as your profile, full name, phone number, and Listing address.
- When you as a Host invite another Member to host with you, you authorize that person to access and update your information and Member Content, including, but not limited to, certain information like your full name, phone number, Location address, calendar, Listing information, Listing photos, and email address.
- When you as a creator invite additional creators to a booking, your name, travel dates, Host name, Listing details, Location address, and other related information will be shared with each additional creator.
4.3 Information You Publish in Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, first name (or initials where applicable), description, and city.
- Listing pages that include information such as the Location or Experience’s approximate or precise location description, calendar availability, profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and additional information you choose to share.
- Reviews, ratings, and other public feedback.
- Content in a community or discussion forum, blog, or social media post.
We may display parts of your public profile and other Content you make available to the public like Listing details on third-party sites, platforms, and apps.
Information you share publicly on the Filmplace Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your account settings.
4.4 Host Service Providers.
Hosts may use third-party services to help manage or deliver their services, such as cleaning services or lock providers. Hosts may use features on the Filmplace Platform to share information about the creator (like check-in and check-out dates, creator name, creator phone number) with such third-party service providers.
4.5 Complying with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protecting our Rights.
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) comply with a valid legal request (such as a subpoena or court order) or to respond to claims asserted against Filmplace, (iii) respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity, or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability, (iv) enforce and administer our agreements with Members, including our Terms and Policies, or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Filmplace, its employees, its Members, or members of the public. For example, if permitted due to the foregoing circumstances, Host tax information may be shared with tax authorities or other governmental agencies.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon or harm to Filmplace, our Members, or expose Filmplace to a claim of obstruction of justice.
Where legally required or permissible according to applicable law, we may disclose Hosts’ and/or creators’ information to tax authorities for the purpose of the tax authorities’ determination of proper compliance with relevant tax obligations. Relevant tax obligations include Filmplace’s tax obligations on its service fees, its facilitation of taxes on Locations and withholding taxes, and Hosts’ individual tax obligations. Information that may be disclosed includes, but is not limited to, Host and creator names, listing addresses, Host addresses, tax/business identification number(s), date of birth, and/or contact information, property parcel identification numbers, payout information, transaction dates and amounts, number of nights and creators booked, gross and net booking value and payout amounts, taxes collected by Filmplace on behalf of creators and Hosts, to the extent any of this information is known by Filmplace.
In jurisdictions where Filmplace facilitates or requires a registration, notification, permit, or license application or number of a Host with governmental authority, we may share information of participating Hosts with the relevant authority, both during the application process, when the Listing is published, and periodically thereafter, such as the Host’s full name and contact details, Location address, tax identification number, registration, permit, or license number, Listing details, reservation information, and number of hours booked subject to applicable laws.
4.6 Programs with Managers and Owners.
We may share personal information of Hosts and creators with landlords, management companies, and/or property owners (“Building Management”), such as booking information and information related to compliance with applicable laws, in order to facilitate programs with Building Management. For example, creator booking and personal information, including creator contact information, may be shared with the Building Management of the building, complex, or community where a host lives and/or the listing is located to facilitate hosting services, compliance with applicable laws, security, billing, and other services.
4.7 Host Information Provided to Filmplace for Work Customers.
If a booking is designated as being for a business or work purpose and (1) is made by a creator affiliated with an Enterprise and (2) the Enterprise is enrolled in Filmplace for Work, we may disclose information related to the booking to the Enterprise (e.g., name of the Host, Location address, booking dates, Listing details, etc.) to the extent necessary for the adequate performance of Filmplace’s contract with the Enterprise and to provide the services. At the request of the Enterprise or the creator, we may also share this information with third parties engaged by the Enterprise to provide support services.
4.8 Service Providers.
We share personal information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to help us run our business and for their compliance purposes, including service providers that help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Filmplace Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or similar claims. These providers are contractually bound to protect your personal information and have access to your personal information to perform these tasks.
4.9 Business Transfers.
4.10 Corporate Affiliates.
To support us in providing, integrating, promoting, and improving the Filmplace Platform, Payment Services, and our affiliates’ services, we may share personal information within our corporate family of companies that are related by common ownership or control. Some examples are:
- Sharing with Filmplace (Singapore) Pte Ltd. Even if your country of residence is not Singapore, your information will be shared with Filmplace (Singapore) Pte Ltd. which provides the technical infrastructure for the Filmplace Platform.
- Sharing with Filmplace Payments. In order to facilitate payments on or through the Filmplace Platform, certain information as described will be shared with the relevant Filmplace Payments entity.
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
5.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Filmplace Platform for reasons outlined in the “How We Use Information We Collect” section of this policy, including fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, enforcing our Terms of Service, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other sites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. Occasionally we may need to manually review communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third-party marketing messages to you and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
5.2 Linking Third-Party Accounts.
You can link your Filmplace account with certain third-party services like social networks. Your contacts on these third-party services are referred to as “Friends.” When you direct the data sharing by creating this link:
- some of the information provided to us from linking accounts may be published on your public profile,
- your activities on the Filmplace Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Filmplace Platform and/or that third-party service,
- a link to your public profile on that third-party service may be included in your Filmplace public profile,
- other Filmplace users may be able to see any Friends that you may have in common with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable,
- other Filmplace users may be able to see any schools, hometowns, or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service,
- information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed, and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes, and
- publication and display of information that you provide to the Filmplace Platform through this linkage are subject to your settings and authorizations on the Filmplace Platform and the third-party service.
5.3 Third-Party Partners & Integrations.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law. We may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings. If you connected your Filmplace Account to a third-party service, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and unlink from that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
6.2 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request certain copies of your personal information or information about how we handle your personal information, request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and/or request that we transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
6.3 Data Erasure.
In some jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request deletion of your personal information, or if your account is suspended, terminated, or voluntarily closed:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Filmplace Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information from that Filmplace Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Filmplace Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Filmplace and Filmplace Payments may keep information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) will continue to be publicly visible on Filmplace, even after your Filmplace Account is canceled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) will remain in our database but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
While no organization can guarantee perfect security, we are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
Syncing Filmplace calendar with other calendars
By syncing your Filmplace calendar with other external calendars that support the iCAL format, you can transfer your events from a different calendar application to Filmplace calendar which automatically prevents guests from booking the same date and time.
This also helps to avoid multiple content creators from booking the same date and time, if you have listed the same space on other platforms like Airbnb, etc.
To sync your external calendar with Filmplace calendar, you have to first import other calendars that support the iCAL format.
Give a name to the calendar you are about to import.
Note : You Filmplace calendar automatically resyncs with other external calendars every one hour
Import Airbnb calendar
- Open Airbnb on your computer
- Click on your Profile > listings
- Select the listing that you want
- Go to Pricing and availability > Calendar sync
- Click on Export calendar
- An Export calendar window will appear, copy the URL.
Import Google calendar
- Open Google calendar on your computer
- Go to Settings > Settings
- On the left column, under “Settings for my calendars,” click the name of the calendar you want to import into Filmplace.
- Under the selected calendar’s drop down, Click on Access permissions for events and check the “Make available to public’ option.
- Scroll down to the Integrate calendar section
- In the "Public address in iCal format" section, copy the URL.
Import Apple calendar
- Open Apple iCloud calendar on your computer
- Click on the Calendar button
- On the left column, you will see a list of your calendars. Click on the Share button next to the calendar that you want to export into Filmplace.
- A Calendar Sharing popup appears, check the Public Calendar option.
- Under Public calendar, copy the URL.
- Open Apple Calender app on your device
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on the Calendar button
- Under the ICLOUD section, tap the Info button to the right that you want to export into Filmplace.
- Enable the Public Calendar option by scrolling down.
- Tap on the “ Share link “ option and send it to your email or any of your personal social media platform.
- Paste the link on “Calendar Address (URL)” section as directed, Profile > Listings> Manage listings >Calanedar>Calendar Settings> Import Calendar.
To import Outlook calendar
- Open Outlook on your device
- In the left column, click on the calander icon
- In the top-left, go to the Settings > View all Outlook settings
- A settings pop-up will appear, click on Calendar >Shared calendar
- Under Publish a calendar, select a calendar
- Select permissions and click on the Publish button
- Under “Can view all details” copy the ICS URL
Import other calendars
- Click your profile
- Go to your listings > select manage listings
- Go to Calendar > Calendar settings
- Click on Import calendar
- Copy the URL for your non-Filmplace calendar into the Calendar address field
- Give a name to the calendar you are about to import
- Click on Import calendar
To Export Filmplace calendar
- Click your profile
- Go to your listings > select manage listings
- Go to Calendar > Calendar settings
- Click on Import calendar
- Copy the link from the export calendar window, then paste it into another selected iCal-based calendar.